They are audible high-energy acoustic waves. In medicine they have already been used successfully since 1980. Originally used only for the disintegration of kidney stones, this treatment later became a recognized therapeutic mean in orthopedics and cardiology. Since 2010, it has also been used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) produced by vascular causes.
- It’s a treatment focused on shock waves that is non invasive and stimulates the growth of new blood vessels in the penis, which is essential for a firm and spontaneous erection.
- It is the only proven medical treatment that has the potential to revert male Erectile Dysfunction
During your initial visit our certified male doctor will perform a physical evaluation. You two will discuss and conclude if the treatment will benefit you.
- The treatment is performed in any of our IMPETUS locations.
- The full office visit takes approximately 30 minutes for each treatment session
- Our protocols will depend on each patient’s condition.
- It can vary from 5 to 12 sessions to ensure maximum results.
- There’s a waiting period of 90 days for the body to have time to grow new blood vessels and repair penile tissue.
No, focused shockwave therapy is not painful and does not require any type of anesthesia. If you are investigating other shock wave treatment providers who claim that some of their patients use anesthetic cream, then you are looking at a facility/doctor who uses a machine that is not clinically studied or that hasn’t been proven to be safe and effective.
Each patient is different. Some men begin to experience greater sensitivity and erectile function immediately after completing the prescribed treatment protocol. Others take up to 3-4 months before seeing a change in erectile performance. For more information, see our clinical studies section.
Immediately after the session. This is an outpatient procedure and does not require recovery time.
- Enhanced Erectile Function
- Improve sexual performance
- Increase in stimulation.
- Spontaneous and natural erections.
- It improves sexual satisfaction and orgasms.
No, this is the prime treatment in Europe for over a decade.
- Our office is totally private, you’ll never see other patients to keep their and your privacy
- We only treat male patients and all our staff is comprehensive and understanding with the sensitivity of the problem that many men have about erectile dysfunction.
- Our appointment schedule aims to provide a fast experience and privacy inside and outside the home.
Some insurance carriers do cover this type of treatment. We will provide all the information required for your insurance company, but many do not cover shock wave therapy.
There have been multiple studies that verify the effectiveness of the shockwave treatment used in IMPETUS.
If you need more information about clinical trials and research, check these articles below:
- Can low-intensity extracorporeal shockwave therapy improve erectile dysfunction? A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebocontrolled study
- A First Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial Evaluating Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy for the
- Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a prospective, randomized, double-blinded, placebo controlled study
- Shockwave treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Can low-intensity extracorporeal shockwave therapy improve erectile function?
At IMPETUS Klinik you won’t have expensive prescriptions that need to be filled constantly or pills you’ll need to remember to take. You won’t be exposed to the side effects other oral medicines to combat ED may have on your health.
The Shockwave Therapy of Storz Medical can be used in men that can’t take oral medicines for Erectile Dysfunction such as men with heart diseases, diabetes, or high blood pressure. Our treatment can also be used to treat Peyronie’s Syndrome, a sickness that neither Viagra or other oral medicines can treat.
Unlike other erectile dysfunction procedures, shock wave therapy:
- It is pain free
- It is drug free
- No surgery is needed
- It is not invasive.
- No side effects
- It is a simple procedure at the office that takes only 15 minutes
- Provides lasting results without downtime